I've been working a crazy amount of hours, so haven't been in my studio all year. I miss it. Last week was especially rough because my assistant was out all week with pneumonia, which meant I did her work instead of my own, putting me further behind...so after a 12 hour day at the office on Saturday topping off a more than 60 hour week I decided to keep Sunday for myself.
I was going to finish the boy's room, since it seemed quick, easy and fun....then I remembered that before I can finish any of the rooms I have to glue the lights in and doorknobs on, while the house is empty and can be turned upside down and sideways.
Audra gave me the lights...she started a Chantilly, then decided she couldn't tolerate half scale so gave it to her daughter to play with. The lights no longer work, but since I didn't electrify my house it's a perfect match. They look fantastic, thank you, Audra!
I painted all of the fixtures except the largest chandelier, which I left brass. I needed to figure out something to use as a base for it...I settled on a clear glass flower shaped bead with a hole the same size as the brass post. I painted the inside of the bead with white paint to better match the glass in the chandelier. It worked great.