When I plastered the exterior walls I used plaster of paris....I applied it with an old paintbrush, working quickly before the plaster set up. I was left with a lot of brush marks...won't apply it that way again. Yesterday morning I started up the kerosene heater in the garage, let it warm up for an hour, then carried the house out there for a good sanding. I didn't want to remove all the brush marks, just take the tops off so they weren't so prominant.
The sanding was finished quicker than I expected...I shouldn't have bothered to heat the garage.
After I cleaned my mess I brought it back into my studio to make the exterior walls for the addition.
I reviewed the pictures I took of Marie Antoinette's estate at Versaille...
I made the walls on matboard, so that I can work with them on my table, weighing them down to dry as I go...except for the sliver of third wall, which I had to apply directly because there wasn't enough room.
I purposefully didn't draw out a pattern, but worked freehand, so to speak. It took all day. I listened to the entire season of Firefly while I worked....I've seen it a zillion times so I don't have to watch the screen. Today I will listen to Serenity. I love being able to stream Netflix on my iPad.
Right now there is a coat of gesso between the timbers...today I fill them. I have about a quarter of a jar of pumice gel and a third a jar of heavy gel medium left over from previous projects....I'm going to mix it with acrylic paint and some non-skid paint additive I bought one day to do something with...wish me luck.