I started the painting prep work. After I'd gotten too far along to turn back it occurred to me that it would have been cleaner and easier to color the pieces with marker, especially the trim pieces.
A few of the pieces have damaged spots on the siding. I thought about cutting out and piecing in new clapboard on the tower but everything is so fragile that I didn't want to risk it. I left it alone with hope that it won't be too obvious in the end.
I got the floor pieces stained and the base assembled. I wasn't careful enough curving the base piece that wraps under the porch and broke it in several places. It's a bit wonky now, but landscaping will hide that.
I also messed up the tower roof assembly. I put it together carefully and correctly, it must have come out of shape when I wrapped rubber bands around it to hold it in place while the glue dried. Thankfully it's not too out of shape that some sanding can't fix it.
I would like to blame all this on being in great pain, but my dental surgery wasn't until the afternoon, all the work on the kit was pre-op.
The surgery went well, better than the one for the first implant. I'm in a lot of pain today, but it will pass eventually.