I picked out a grout color after painting swatches on scrap paper and holding them up to the tiles. I painted the floors with it, but then decided I hated it next to the carpet. I also decided I need to set the tiles on a thin card base to bring them up to the level of the carpet. That's much easier anyway, it means I can tile the base on my worktable instead of tiling straight on the floor, and I can use the gray of the card as the grout color.
I painted gray around the edges of the room, so if there are gaps the light color won't show. I also painted black the area behind the mini fridge, and ran a black sharpie along the edge of the carpet.
Tiling was quick and easy. To speed up the tile cutting process I used measurements of one ruler width long by one brick measuring stick width wide.
A quick dry fit.
I'll finish the far end of the bathroom once the broom closet addition is attached. The addition was originally meant to be a shower stall, but now that this isn't a hotel room a shower isn't needed.
The flooring is resting on my worktable, under weights, today while the glue fully dries. Tonight I will give it a coat of semi-gloss sealer.