I finished putting away accessories in the jewelry armoire, leaving out any I thought I would or could use in the current build. I wanted to play with them inside the library, but can't make a tablescape without the sketchbooks that sparked the vision, so started work on Nancy's sketchbook/journal kit.
There were kit parts for six, plus extra map and gatefold pieces Nancy mailed me. I stacked enough piles for eleven sketchbooks and one atlas, counting a gatefold page as two bifolia. Two of the map covers are glued to mint cardstock, the others are stacks of three maps glued together for one cover, to match the thickness of cardstock. I cut button thread to increase the bookmark count. Nine will have ephemera pockets, three will not.
One of the journals will have ten bifolia instead of eleven, but I'm using the pages I dripped coffee on, so they won't lay flat anyway. I was left with one extra map cover, which I folded to put inside an ephemera pocket.
The kit instructions are perfect.
It's not super obvious in the picture, but I got a bit of sticky glue finger on the cover of the first one. I used a bit of pretty paper from Nancy's leftover basket liners to cover it, and then stuck on a big silver N.
I absolutely love it.
The kits are fun, and a bit addictive. Four down, eight to go. I may have to buy more.
I just realized I forgot the bookmarks in the last two. Oh well.