The little plastic succulents (fake baby's breath) didn't give as much coverage as I expected. The only color of them I can find in the store now is white, so I tried an experiment.
Awww, look what came crawling out of the flowers. Good thing she made an appearance before she got thrown in the pot.
The dye worked great, but the green turned out pretty blue and the gray kind of greenish.
A quick look at them in place proved the "green" ones too unrealistic...
...so I boiled another batch of gray dye and colored them again. Much better.
I spent the rest of the evening grooming the roof. I pulled off the white plants because I didn't like them, and stroked all the other succulents, removing any that weren't glued down sufficiently. Then I picked glue boogers, except in a couple of spots where they looked like old spider webs.
It's looking good!
Susan found some of the larger size plants in a deep burgundy when she was shopping yesterday. She picked some up for me, so until those arrive the roof is on hiatus. She's coming to visit in a couple of weeks (I'm so excited!), I imagine she'll pop them in her suitcase.
In the meantime, I'll see how much of the exterior walls I can finish before she gets here.