I enjoyed my bonus day off waiting for the cable technician who never came. I cleaned my studio, then messed it up again.
The niche shelves were repainted and glued into place, then I cut trim to edge it, painted the pieces, and set them on my gray cutting mat to dry. While they were drying I sorted through my scrap wood bin, which was overflowing enough that it didn't fit into its spot on a closet shelf.
Keepers on the right, tossers on the left. You know where my trim pieces went, don't you. Yup, in the trash bin.
While the second set of trim pieces dried I sanded the door opening to fit the now painted door. It fit so snuggly when it finally slid into place that I couldn't get it back out to put glue on it. I had to glue the door handles on in place, but that went okay.
After the shelf trim was safely glued in place I installed the sconces. One was broken and I probably should have returned it, but I want to get this corner of the build done so that I can pound in the flat roof and get started on the exterior, so I used it anyway. One sconce will forever have a burned out bulb.
I glued the faucet in and put some coat hooks up. I mangled one side of the coat rack, hence the hat. I've got a fire extinguisher that needed repair which I am fashioning a bracket for. Once that is hung on the wall I think I'm ready for the flat section of roof to go in.
It seems so little done for an entire day in my studio. Sigh.
Oh, I think I've fixed my clock problem. The reason I like it in that particular spot is because it distributes that wood tone evenly around the room. Moving it on top of the shorter cabinet, which is the same color, doesn't work for me.
I only need it to be a scoosh shorter and further forward, so I carefully pried off the bottom layer of the three layer base.
It works better now. I may need to take off one more layer, we'll see. I also dry brushed the bookcase a bit more; it looks better too.