Let me start with an apology for how rambling this post is going to be; I've had too much coffee this morning...
I've never had a build like this fight me every step of the way before. Almost everything that should be one step is two or three...things are done then redone...the plans have been altered so many times I'm not sure I'm going to recognize it when I'm done....sigh....
Because the upper cabinets didn't turn out and I installed shelves instead, which changed my lighting plan, the grooves I cut into the walls for the wiring needed to be redone. I completed that, then after the shelves were glued in place they didn't line up exactly, so I have to do it again. Once that's done and the wiring is in place I can glue the inner side walls into place.
The wallpapers didn't line up exactly right where they meet on the side wall, so I'll have to put a chair rail or divider of some sort in, after I put the window trim on. I meant to put the window trim on the inner front wall before I glued it in place, but got ahead of myself. I should be able to turn the house on it's side still, so I'm going to do that next, before I forget again.
The side walls bow out at the upper back corners to knock the house out of square (I'm sure there's a better way to word that, but you know what I mean). I'm going to have to figure out how to fix that or the support for the back of the roof is never going to stay glued in place into the notches on the back of walls.
Once the wiring is done, the inner walls are in and I square up the house, I can put the roof on, finish the ceiling, and install the floor...sigh...my to-do list is longer than I'd like it to be this close to the Halloween deadline.
I didn't get a chance over the last week and a half to work on the house hardly at all...Wakefield was injured, so required the time I was planning on spending in my studio. Something (a fox we suspect) bit one of his back paws, leaving puncture wounds and a broken claw. An abscess caused his foot to swell up to four times its normal size before it burst (the abscess, not his foot!), and caused him tremendous pain. After two trips to the vet, a shot of antibiotic, a shot of steroids, several nights with no sleep for either of us, and lots of snuggling he's doing much better. It will take him some time to recover fully, he's just starting to put weight on it again, but the swelling is gone and he's resting more comfortably now, at least.