I took my husband shopping at my two favorite garden stores yesterday morning to buy some herbs. He loves to cook with fresh herbs, so I left the small plot behind the garage, next to the back patio, for him (well, most if it anyway, there are a few perennials in there I couldn't move).
Anyway...the garden stores both had displays for fairy garden miniatures, apparently it's all the rage this year. I didn't get any furniture because I wasn't sure of the scale, but I may go back for some after taking pictures of what I did buy in front of my half scale Chantilly. If I go back I'll take my camera to the store with me.
I bought a bicycle, a shepard's hook, and a set of three thingys to hang from it, all wonderfully weathered and rusty...and two trios of clay pots. The bicycle is too rough to pass as a miniature bicycle, I'll use it as garden art.
Oh my, the grass is kind of tall...here's a close up...
As long as I was outside with the camera I took a picture of the herb garden. It's not much to see yet because the plants are small. I had to cut back the left side of the clematis quite a bit to get the tomato cage in...it will fill back out.
Matt put in some roma tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and a regular tomato..a bell pepper and some salad lettuce...summer savory, oregano, thyme, rosemary, sage, two types of parsley, and four types of basil...my man loves basil.
I put in a catnip plant in the corner next to the patio. I don't cook, I just cater to the cat ;)
I discovered first thing in the morning that my really cool origami-made pendant light, which is the main light in the structure, quit working. I had to cut apart the origami shade to get to the lightbulb. The connection looks good at the bulb and under the house, so I don't know what's wrong with it. I tested the wiring before I buried it and it was fine...it worked last weekend after I finished the electrification! Grrr...
I'm going to have my husband take a look at it, if he can't find something wrong that can be fixed I'm going to have to have a nonworking fixture, since the flange and post it hangs from are already attached to the ceiling. I'll have to make a new shade, of course. Then I'll have to come up with a different way to put a light in that side of the house...maybe an under-the-counter kitchen light or something. At least I haven't finished the interior walls yet.
Then...I took a painted finial outside to put a second layer of high-gloss spray finish on it...and dropped it on the ground on my way back inside. Since the gloss was still wet I tried to wash it off in the sink, but all I did was smear the sticky crud around. I had to sand it back down to bare wood as best I could to start over.
I do believe I actually made negative progress yesterday, even considering all the other things I got done that went right.