...you remember, the shipment I wanted at the beginning of last week, while I was on vacation. Oh well, I had fun tinkering with the furnace and water heater.
This is my layout (the box is a fireplace)...I'm trying to decide between a table and chairs or a reading chair and small end table. I'm leaning toward the easy chair...the cook needs a spot to relax in front of the fire with a good book while her baking is in the oven.
You'll notice that the cabinets are done. My painting test revealed a negligible measurement for two layers of paint. There is one coat of paint on the sides of the doors and drawers, two coats on the faces and top edges. I had to sand the paint back off the bottom edge of two doors, but no further finessing was needed beyond what was done prior to painting. I sealed the faces and top edges with satin varnish. I rubbed beeswax on the outside of one drawer body, expecting that it would make it slide more smoothly, but all it did was make it sticky, so I stopped.
I had intended the cabinetry to be a whiter off-white color, but I didn't have enough of my go-to Magnolia White so I used Warm White intead. Warm White is a little too ivory for my taste, but it does pick up the ivory tones in the marble, and I promised myself I wouldn't buy more paint until I use up most of what I already have in my stash.
I'm going to work on the sink next..I have plans to kit-bash a House of Miniatures dry sink kit that's missing a drawer front. Before I start that I need to peruse my accumulation of kitchen accessories to make a shopping list...I'm driving to Ann Arbor for the Three Blind Mice show on Friday.