Honestly, I don't know what I was so worked up about. The unfinished landscape was relaxing and enjoyable. The abstract was more challenging; I painted a few but nothing worked...then I realized the artist wasn't painting yet, he was still drawing.
I am concerned, though, that the drawing is too....I can't find the right word...compact, small, dense...that there isn't enough white space between the lines, so that viewed from further than a couple of inches away it's going to look like a smear. Husband agrees with that, he said it looks like a fingerprint.
Then I thought, maybe that's how it should be seen from further away, then will come into focus, so to speak, when looked at through the window.
Sigh. Now that I've loaded photos I have the answer. I need a new sketch.
Here's a close up, so you don't have to squint...
I also painted the messy artist's easel and dirtied up her drop cloth. I didn't want to go overboard on the drop cloth...she's not a slapdash painter, just too busy to be bothered with straightening up.
You've noticed the sconce is done....
Boy, was I glad I used matboard strips for the exterior siding, instead of wood strips. I had to remove a section of three of them to install the wiring and battery concealment contraption.
Today I have to make a new sketch, glue the remaining items in place, glue the cement blocks together, and fuss with the candles in the chandeliers. I also have to clean my house, it's a pig sty, and I have guests coming to visit tomorrow morning.