I did it. I finished before the end of September. Now it's ready to photograph this weekend, provided I can get that done early this morning, before it starts to rain.
The plastic candles in the chandelier were cut in half to shorten them, set on fire, and a black metal wick inserted while the plastic was melted. It looks much better.
I added a shade on one side of the porch and made a citronella candle, so the bugs don't pester Sheila when she comes to visit.
Since I had an abstract oil and a drawn-on canvas that didn't work out for Mr. Neat's easel I put them in the studio, rather than the trash can. I glued a piece of trim to the wall for a quick shelf, then sat the painting on it to dry. The unpainted canvas I leaned against the wall behind the bag of sketch pads.
I also tacked some sketches to the wall behind Ms. Messy's easel, per Susan's suggestion. Two I colored with pencils, since there is a tin of colored pencils with the drawing pad on the table next to her wicker chair.