I did not get the landscaping done yesterday. Dry time was not my friend. I did get the sidewalk installed, though I made it from cork I had in my stash instead of the linoleum scrap I found in my basement, as I had planned on, because the linoleum was too brittle. The cork got a couple coats of polyurethane to keep it from crumbling. I glued down soil/mulch (out-of-date cold-brew tea) and made a little pumice thing around the trio of rocks in front, which I hated. April's birdbath isn't as tall as necessary to compete with the plantings, so I glued it to a wooden plinth, which I hated. If I weren't under a deadline I'd order either a matching plinth or a taller birdbath, but at this point in the game I have to make due with what I have. I also got the rest of the large foundation plants installed, which, though you can't see in the picture, line the foundation on the two sides as well.
While I was waiting for glue to dry I colored the electric and gas meters while thinking through how best to install them. I'm planning to cut wooden blocks to fit them over (they have an open back), glue the blocks to the building, then the meters over the blocks.
This morning I covered the yucky white pumice area with soil, and put a coat of gray paint on the wooden plinth so that it will look like concrete instead. I also sorted through my remaining supply of plants. By the time I get home from work tonight glue and paint will have dried, I can give the landscape a good vacuuming, then glue down the rest of the plants.