I botched the build a little bit, but thankfully not so much so that it can't be salvaged.
I was so attentive to gluing the ends of the planks to the stems cleanly that I didn't pay enough attention to the middle of the form. I realized about four planks later that I was not flush, and the only thing I could think to do to get back on course was to flip the planks on their sides to make loose contact with the form.
Once I got to the relatively flat bottom of the boat I flipped them back to the correct position.
Hopefully once I've finished sanding I'll have a boat shape made of wood, and that's all that counts.
I didn't take a picture before I started sanding the outside, which is going to be insanely more difficult because of the plank flip. I had to stop sanding because I was making a dust storm in the air in the house; once it warms up outside I'll resume work in the garage.
I dread having to sand the inside. I suspect I will need to glue additional stripwood or quarter round into the deepest steps so that I don't sand through the hull. Or perhaps a combination of sanding the highs and wood filler in the lows would be better. I'll decide once I get the exterior sanded and can remove it from the form.