I’ve been playing with the contest kit...dreaming, scheming, doing the usual mental pre-build.
The side wall isn’t wide enough to contain the elements I need without crowding. I was going to make it wider, but then it occurred to me that I could fit the elements on the other (wider) wall, if I move the dock to the other side.
Good. Plus, the conservatory will sit next to it on the shelf pleasingly in this configuration.
I cut some planks to build the dock from a piece of wormy hardwood I delightedly pulled, years ago, from my brother-in-law’s shop scrap bin.
I think I’ve got the support structure figured out, but am still contemplating options. While contemplating I played with bricks, experimenting with ideas.
Before I begin construction on the walls I need to make a decision on a roof. More to come on that.
Oh! I solved the problem of where it’s going to be housed after the build is done. Last weekend I traded the bookshelves in my studio with deeper, industrial shelves. They work great.