My original plan for the conservatory involved an oceanfront pier/dock. Now that I’m using the contest kit for the dock I am reimagining the conservatory slightly. I am going to build the conservatory and the contest kit simultaneously so I can landscape...seascape?...them at the same time.
I set the builds on my shelf, determining where I want which, since they’ll be pieces of a cohesive whole.
I did a quick dry fit of the conservatory, to jog my memory, then glued the roof frame together...
I’ve been playing around with the seascaping items I have so far....barnacles I made last year, some octopi, and teeny shells. I have more shells, including limpets, on order, and Nancy is making me some rocks. I’m in no hurry, I want to make sure it’s exactly how I want it before I pour water. I’m also letting Nancy pour her water first, so I can learn from her process. :)
I made a couple unsuccessful attempts at crafting sea anemone last weekend. I have an idea to make closed instead of open ones, which will fit better anyway, since my seascape is going to be set in low tide.
It feels really, really, good to be engaged with a project again!