I decided that lack of a worktable shouldn’t keep me from working on the contest kit. I chose some small tasks, starting with the rear wall.
I added height, blocked the window, and filled in the groove where the loft piece, or whatever you want to call it, is supposed to go. I also put a thin coat of wood filler over the outside of the boat, to fill the slight gaps between a few of the planks, so I can start sanding.
While I was waiting for the filler to dry I steam bent some wood strips for the arched door of the boathouse.
It was much easier than I expected.
Now I can make the rest of the door, then once that’s glued in place I can start bricking the wall.