I had a productive day yesterday. In the morning, while I was waiting for the sun to come out, I covered my computer equipment with a doubled over bedsheet, then cut the base board to prep for a pool. I added supports, then glued on a bottom.
While that was drying I went to the beach to search for weathered sticks to use as pilings, before the city workers remove the debris.
I came home with several possibilities, zebra mussel shells to crush for substrate, and other bits.
These are not rocks, they are, as far as I can tell, chunks of spray-foam. I picked up as many as I could find, to discard them properly, though I may end up using some in the build.
The afternoon was spent raking leaves off my flower beds. It was warm, sunny, quiet, and absolutely lovely outside. I have more outside chores to do today.
In the evening I penciled in the structural components and put the build into dry fit. I think I have it all worked out, but need to run through the process in my head a few times to make sure I’m not overlooking something before I resume construction.
I am going to work on the build in three sections: left wall, right wall, and base. I need to document in my notebook the procedural order for each section, as I think through it. I also need to clear space for two sections to rest as I work on the third, as only one at a time will fit on the cart I’m using as a temporary work surface.