I didn’t get the base finished this weekend, but I worked at an enjoyable pace and got a more than fair amount done.
The rocks will barely be visible in the end, but I had fun painting and it was good practice.
I cut a piece of plywood for the back wall, stained and repaired a broken door, and started bricking.
I screwed in pier supports cut from Trex scraps left over from my daughter’s remodel.
The top surface of the pier will be made from strip cut from the Trex. Trex is very, very messy to cut! It makes ten times the sawdust.
The whole front of me was as covered as my arm. I used the shop vac to clean most of it off. My husband walked in as I was vacuuming my boobs...he rolled his eyes, turned around, then walked back out. :D
The only thing that needs to be finished before I can move on to seascaping is the brick wall. I can finish that this week in the evenings.
I am using magnetic cabinet closures to attach the rear wall, so I can have access to the interior of the conservatory.
The walled off square is room for electrical stuffs, should I decide to electrify.
I probably could have finished bricking the wall this evening, but I have to clean my studio at the end of every weekend, so I can use it for my office during the week.
Anything I work on during the weekday evenings has to be low-mess and fit on my rolling cart.
I am very much enjoying both working from home and having a clean room.