Before I forget...Ester is doing much better. :)
I have been busy enjoying our short summer season, so haven't worked on the build as much as needed to stay on schedule. If I want to photograph it outside while the trees are still green I've got to have it done by the end of September, at the latest. I don't see that happening.
A good decision then is to finish the exterior first, photograph it, then make books and whatnot to complete the interior during autumn. I can prop scenic pictures outside the windows for a backdrop in order to shoot the interior photos inside my studio.
Before I can put on the exterior siding I have to finish the wiring. I had intended for all the wires to run in the empty foundation space under the floor, and had pre-drilled holes for that purpose before I glued the carpeting in. Since I changed the build from a hotel room to a library none of the pre-drilled holes are in the right positions so can't be used. Since the carpeting is glued in I will need the wires through holes in the walls, down the exterior wall, and back through to the inside foundation area.
Before I can finish the wiring I have to make a firm decision on furniture placement.
I played around with it most of the day yesterday, this is where I'm going to leave it. I'm not absolutely positive I won't change out a chair or two later, but that won't impact the lamp placement. I had a difficult time deciding on the addition of the filing cabinets. I had envisioned a table there, but didn't have a table the right height; the cabinets are the right height, they're already in my stash, and I can't imagine what else I'd use them for. They make the white seated chair look crowded in that corner, so it may change places with the chair in the corner opposite, which may mean it will be reupholstered, depending on the layout of colors around the room. Sigh.
The furniture placement left me with a problem. I very much like the lamp on the center table, but having it there means I need to run the wiring through the pedestal of the table, through the carpet, into the foundation. I can't drill a hole through upholstery fabric without unraveling it into a giant mess. I scrubbed some glue into the fabric in that spot, once it dries I'm going to use my wood burning tool to carefully burn a hole through the fabric, then drill down. Wish me luck.
While I was playing with the lighting yesterday I made a lamp. The top harp/bulb/shade are from Charlene's inherited minis, it just needed a base. I had a couple of brass finials in my stash, I cut the threads off the tallest one, then drilled a hole through it. I still need to make a groove in the base for the wires to exit.
I may or may not work on the wiring today; my husband has the day off and it's beautiful outside.